Cat: Where are you going?
Alice: Which way should I go?
Cat: That depends on where you are going.
Alice: I don’t know.
Cat: Then it doesn’t matter which way you go
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Hi, I'm Shlomo this is me with my wife and baby.
It’s really important to set goals in life and financial goals are no different, so you would know where you want to go.
Did I lose you here? 😃
Yes, finances are something many of us are dreadful of.
I hear you!
You're probably asking yourself:
- Where do I start?
- How much should I save?
- How much do I need for my retirement?
- Should I put money aside to pay for my kids college?
- How do I invest my money to make some passive income?
- What tax benefits do I have?
- Am I making enough now to retire comfortably?
- I don’t have money to save now, what should I do?
For the last 14 years, I’ve done this exact work for myself. I’m just like you. Not super rich nor smarter. I’m an entrepreneur who likes to create my own destiny and future. But I also know that no matter what, I need to prepare for a rainy day, my retirement and the stage when I reach financial freedom (“The CHOOSE to work stage - more on that later).
Here are some of the things I've done and you can do that too with the right planning and tools.
- Manage my own IRA fund successfully (2016 my portfolio went up 38% which is quite nice. It wasn’t exceptionally hard. You just need to know how. And I’m saving lots of money on management fees that are adding up to a nice sum when I retire)
- Invested in two real estate projects in London and the US. One of them gives a passive income every year. Both are about to be sold BTW.
- I invest in the stock market for over 10 years now
- I budget my spending - I optimize my life to fit my financial goals (found a way to build a house relatively cheap and save a lot!)
- I maximize my assets earnings as much as I can (rent our place on Airbnb when we are out of the house anyway).
- Constantly research new financial apps and products to reach my financial goal faster.
- Moved for 2.5 months to Thailand for a workation with my family - reducing our expenses to less than $1000/month
- Moved for 2 months to Portugal for a workstation with my family
- Built a company in China which is profitable from the 1st quarter it exists.
- Own cryptocurrency which went up by more than 400% in 5 months.
I can help you plan ahead. Follow me here on my AMA profile.
I have a 6-day email course that will help you get started. Get it here
More ways to connect: